Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Awareness

You’re smiling.
Yes.
Why?
Because underneath it all, it’s still beautiful.
What is?
Can’t you smell it?
What?
The smell, can’t you smell it?
No…. oh wait. That smell?
Yes. What do you smell?
That sweetness. Its so….
Tempting?
Yeah, I want to bite into it.
I know.
It wasn’t there before.
That’s because you weren’t looking for it.
Wow, it’s perfect.
It is, isn’t it?
Yeah.
Smell again.
Why?
Just smell it again now.
It smells just the same to me.
Stop trying so hard. Let it come to you.
It’s still there.
Just as sweet?
Sweeter.
Sweeter?
Urgh, it’s so sweet.
Getting worse?
Oh my God. It’s too sweet. It’s sickening.
I know.
I can’t breathe.
I know.
It’s disgusting. How can you breathe?
You’ll get used to it.
So sudden! Where did it come from?
It’s always been there, you just never realized.
Urgh.
Can you still smell that though?
What?
What you first scented.
…Yes. But there’s so much… filth over it.
Yes.
It’s still so beautiful underneath.
Yes.
But the grime! I can’t do this. The stench is too much.
What would you like me to do?
Make it go away.
I can’t make it go away.
Do something.
I can make it so you don’t smell it anymore.
How?
I can make it so you never know its there.
But that would mean…
Precisely.
Oh.
Shall I?
No, don’t.
Alright.
It’s worth it.
It is.

3 comments:

  1. T_______________T *clings* It's so pretty!! *snuggles post* *marks* I love it Reem, thank you! *tackle hugs*


    And Yay for me getting the first comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, do not snuggle posts. It's weird and I'm sure there are laws against it.

    I like though. Without the snuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avesome! looking forward to read more of your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete